Hello, everybawwwwdy. Happy Friday! This week I come to you with a very simple DIY that I love so, so, so dearly and incorporate into my normal routine (even better than the store bought skincare, in my opinion don’t tell nobody 🤫) and it doesn’t cost a lot of money. I love skincare products but they can get real expensive real fast. So I thought I’d keep everyone in mind no matter what budget to have access to beautiful, clear skin.
Let’s cut to the chase, shall we? You’ll need to do a bit of cutting for this.
DIY HOMEMADE BANANA BRIGHT FACE MASK
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/2 of a Banana
- (I use overripe ones because I haaaaaaate a banana with any dark marks on it. Is anyone else picky like me? 🍌😅)
- 1 TBSP of Raw Natural Honey
- (Raw is bomb, but please use the real stuff with the most benefits. I personally like Australian Manuka Honey or local honey, but whatever you have on hand should do!)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- small bowl
- Gather your ingredients, cut the banana in half, lemon in half. save the rest of the ingredients for later (use the banana for a smoothie, freeze it or make banana bread! The other half of the lemon you can use for my morning routine staple which is a game changer.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a small bowl, since it’s ripe should be very easy to mash into a smooth consistency
- Add your TBSP of honey
- Add your fresh lemon juice
- Mix everything together into a paste and you’re done!
- Put this mixture on a cleansed dry face and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the remainders into an airtight container and put in the fridge (use within the next few days)
FACE MASK BENEFITS
Vitamins and Minerals.
Rich in Vitamins A, B, C and E, these components protect against free radicals and aid to premature aging, heals dry skin, smooths aging skin, fades acne scars and dark spots, helps build collagen, protects against UV damage, and it’s especially good for my oily skin folks out there who need to decrease the shine a bit.
Potassium fights dryness, zinc and lectin fights germs that cause acne, and the amino acids in bananas strengthens the skin’s connective tissue that keeps it bouncy and strong. Nourishing much or nah?
🍋 Alexa, play ‘LEMON’ by N.E.R.D. & Rihanna.
Antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
Lemons have an array of health benefits and numerous beneficial uses (consume them daily! You may say goodbye to colds 🤧). Their citris scent and distinct flavor is bomb enough, but did you know it can effectively treat skin conditions and infections caused by bacteria and germs?
It beats up acne. The antibacterial properties make it an excellent remedy against acne breakouts.
Buh-bye, dead skin! The citric acids in lemon juice has natural plant chemical exfoliating properties which can help you remove the dead skin cells from your face. We know we can’t glow from within with a dull barrier on top right? Right.
Oily skin, who? Lemon has strong astringent properties. Lemons can help you close enlarged pores and prevent an overly-oily complexion.
DISCLAIMER: Remember to apply sunscreen daily because lemon can make your skin more sensitive to UV rays.
Dark spots, where? Dark spots are a touchy subject. Literally. It takes a bunch of patience and effective treatment to diminish them. Lemons have natural bleaching properties and will gradually fade the dark spots if you use it consistently.
Look on the bright side. The high amount of vitamin C lemons contain gives it an ability to stimulate collagen production and make your skin tighter and brighter. Summer is around the corner, y’all. WE WANT A LOT OF THINGS NICE AND TIGHT OKAYYYYYEEEEE 🤪
But anyway, ahem… *clears throat*
🍯 Lookin’ sweet as honey, you.
First of all, honey is the truth. PERIODT. Get into some facts, honey.
- Honey is oldddddddd. It’s been used for thousands of years (some say it dates back to more than 4,000 years) and it doesn’t spoil. Please don’t eat 4,000 year old honey though, I didn’t tell you that.
- Mixed with other herbal preparations, honey enhances the medicinal value of products
- Honey doesn’t spoil. If stored well, it can last way past its expiry date.
- It is a natural and healthier substitute for regular sugar
- It is a rich source of antioxidants & flavonoids which are beneficial for health.
- Its potent antibacterial properties help keep bacterial and fungal infections at bay
Skin Moisturizer. Honey is often found as a base ingredient for almost every beauty product is because it deeply nourishes the skin from deep within the cells. Honey is a natural humectant, which means that it draws moisture into the skin from air. The enzymes present in honey enables it to sink into the skin while conditioning and softening it.
Clarifies Pores. Very few that honey can be used to cleanse pores and get rid of blackheads. Since Honey contains antioxidants, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties, it helps to rid your skin of blackheads by removing dirt from pores. It then hydrates and tightens skin pores for clear complexion.
Gentle exfoliator. Honey helps exfoliate your face & skin by gently removing the dead skin cells. This in-turn also leaves your face with a brighter complexion.
Treats scars. Honey is a natural moisturiser as well as a natural antiseptic. This not only keeps your skin soft and healthy, but also makes sure less of a scar is left behind. So how does something as basic as honey do this? It minimizes any inflammation and helps heal the skin faster. Additionally, the anti-oxidants present in honey help repair damaged skin.
Sunburn relief. Honey is known to be one of the best home remedies for treating burns. Honey promotes healing by decreasing any inflammation and provides nutrition to the damaged tissues. This is what makes honey an amazing remedy for sunburns.
Pimples begone. Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that aids in not only in the removal of excess oil from the surface of the skin but also clearing out any blockages or clogged pores, which if not treated can cause constant breakage of acne and pimples on the skin.
Glow for a living. The natural antioxidants present in Honey help control wrinkles and fine lines on the face. Applying honey on face in the form of a homemade Honey mask will help increase your skin’s elasticity, thus making it look youthful and glowing.
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat ladies and gents, is my easy as ever homemade recipe to bomb skin! Everyone can afford it, it’s only three ingredients, and the benefits are outstanding! Lemme know what you think of the mask and if you try it out for yourself, luvs.
Until Next Time,
P.S. — Love this content? Please subscribe & share with a friend. Let’s keep the movement going!